Difference between American and European Roulette is what you are looking for? Then you’ve come to the right place. American Roulette and European Roulette are two popular casino games that are enjoyed by players all over the world.
While both games have similar principles and offer the same thrill of playing, they have some key differences that can significantly impact a player’s odds of winning and overall experience. Look at the differences between these classic Roulette games that make them unique and stand out from other casino wheel games.
Overview of Roulette Game
Before diving into the difference between American and European Roulette, find the fundamental aspects of this casino game. Roulette is played on a circular wheel divided into numbered pockets, from 0 to 36. The game involves one Roulette table, too. When the game begins, one small ball is released into the wheel. Players place their bets on the roulette table, attempting to predict where the ball will land. Numerous betting options are available, including – betting on specific numbers, range of numbers, colors, or odd/even.
What is the Difference Between American and European Roulette?
Though both are almost similar, four significant differences between American and European Roulette make the games special. Explore the key differences between European Roulette vs American –
Roulette Table Layout:
One of the main differences between American Roulette and European Roulette is the number of pockets on the wheel.
- The wheel has 38 pockets in American Roulette, including 1-36, a single zero (0), and a double zero (00).
- On the other hand, European Roulette has 37 pockets, including the numbers 1-36, and a single zero (0).
- This means American Roulette has an additional pocket, compared to European Roulette.
Difference in House Edge:
The double zero in American Roulette significantly impacts the odds and house edge of the game.
- The house edge for European Roulette is 2.7%.
- However, in American Roulette, the house edge is 5.26% due to the presence of the double zero (00).
- This means that players have a slightly higher chance of winning in European Roulette when compared to American Roulette.
Wheel Number Position:
The placement of the numbers on the wheel is another big American and European Roulette.
- In European Roulette, the numbers are arranged in a random order.
- While in American Roulette, the numbers are arranged in pairs opposite each other.
- For example, the numbers 1 and 2 are opposite on an American Roulette wheel. This pattern allows players to find out any number easily.
The betting options in American Roulette and European Roulette are different.
- While both games offer a range of inside and outside bets, American Roulette includes an additional bet called the Five-Number bet which is unavailable in European Roulette.
- In comparison, players can find Call Bets (Series 5/8, Orphelins, Series 0/2/3, and 0-Game) in European Roulette, which is unavailable in American Roulette.
Concluding Thoughts on Difference Between American and European Roulette
American Roulette and European Roulette are similar casino games that offer players the same excitement of placing bets. Now you know the difference between American and European Roulette, it will become easier to play the games online. Also, understanding these differences can help players make informed decisions when playing on Yolo247. Play now and enjoy the ultimate thrill.
FAQs about Difference Between American and European Roulette
The differences between European Roulette vs American include – Roulette table layout, wheel number position, house edge, and betting options.
In American Roulette, the wheel has 38 pockets – for numbers 1–36, a single zero (0) and a double zero (00). European Roulette, on the other hand, has 37 pockets – 1-36 numbers and one single zero (0).